Male or female?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you this is ironic

All my long necks are MALES

AND

Now it turns out all my short necks are FEMALES.

Whats the odds?

5 of each lol

And they all came from different places none were purchased from the same shop, i cant believe it.

Both at the moment i have the nicer ones in tanks inside and the others outside.

I wish there was a simple way of working turtles sex out.

So is the verdict on the first one i posted a female still?

You know there a very easy, simple and very accurate way to sex your turtles. We could kill them and do an autopsy. We would know for sure then!

Obviously not so good for your turtles !

Sometimes when working with marine turtle hatchlings on our beaches , we are asked what sex the brand-new hatchlings are? Because of a number of factors we are fairly sure most of our local hatchlings are female. If a tourist wants to be really sure, we let them know, that we would probably have to kill it to confirm the sex and that's not something we're going to do!

Yeah the first one is officially a female.

So are all the others.

I should play tattslotto with those odds.

I am, they are great creatures.

This pair are out where Michelle does some turtle research.

This goshawk has moved into my place recently, he is very cheeky, I think he has been released.

Attachments

• IMGP0610.jpg
    IMGP0610.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP0024.jpg
    IMGP0024.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 28
Great photos them,

Goss Hawks are nice looking birds as well.

aussie,next time u go to a shop or sellers place and look at short necks,suss there tail lengths out,males tails mare huge in comparison in mature ones,longnecks are harder to differentiate,females usually are bigger than males,check the shape of the back of the shell,slightly different in shape between sexes and males often have a concave plastron compared to a female,but not always,longneckeds website has good info,but there are also other sites as well.craig lattas is great to,good luck with them

yea the tail looks a bit thin, i have one which im pretty sure is a male and his tail is alot thicker and a bit longer than that

good luck breeding tho dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back