Man dies from snake bite after dunny trip

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

A NORTHERN Territory man has died after being bitten by a snake in the outhouse of his Alice Springs home.

Glenn "Shorty" Butler died at Alice Springs Hospital late yesterday after several days on life support.

It is believed Mr Butler was bitten in the outdoor toilet at his home in Alice Springs.

He was found by family members a short time later and was rushed to hospital suffering a suspected heart attack.

Blood tests revealed Mr Butler had been bitten by a snake.

Alice Springs Hospital would not release any information about Mr Butler yesterday, nor would they confirm the type of snake.

But Territory snake expert Rex Neindorf said the snake was most likely a western brown snake, which could kill an adult within an hour.

"His death is a tragic accident," Mr Neindorf said.

"He would have had no idea he'd even stepped on a snake – he would have just thought he'd stepped on a bone or a rock or something."

Mr Neindorf said he believed Mr Butler had stepped on the neck of the snake, causing it to twist its head and bite him on the bottom of his foot.

"Brown snakes can be deadly because often you don't know you have been bitten – there is no pain," he said.

Mr Neindorf said 60 per cent of the snakes caught in Alice Springs were western brown snakes.

He said it was likely the snake had moved on.

The Alice Springs Motorcycle Club yesterday paid tribute to Mr Butler at the Masters Games.

Fellow bike rider Michael Vroom said Mr Butler was an active member of the club.

"We wore black arm bands and had a minute's silence," Mr Vroom said.

"He was a much-loved member of the club and will be very sadly missed."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20646888-2,00.html

that is very sad to hear...
notice anything else in that story though???
Mr. Vroom rides motor cycles......lol

Vroomy

that is very sad to hear...
notice anything else in that story though???
Mr. Vroom rides motor cycles......lol

Mr. Vroom is a personal friend of mine and a true gentleman. He must have one of the best names you could ever wish for as a motorbike rider. :p

I would also like to pass my condolences to his Mr. Butler's family. Alice Springs is a small town and it is very sad when we hear of a death in our small community.

David..

Last edited:
Mr. Vroom is a personal friend of mine and a true gentleman. He must have one of the best names you could ever wish for as a motorbike rider. :p

I would also like to pass my condolences to his Mr. Butler's family. Alice Springs is a small town and it is very sad when we hear of a death in our small community.

David..

I'm sorry to hear about him.

any death is a sad thing that seems to just add on to ya own experiences and preperations ,our thoughts go out to the family n friends

thats pretty tough hey, going to the toilet and then dying from a snake bite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back