Mantis Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I finally managed to find and catch a small praying mantis. It's probably about 2cm long and thin and bright green.

First time I've ever kept one, so am asking how to care for it? So far it has cocopeat/sand substrate with a little branch to sit on and some rocs in a small ventilated container.

Is this cool? Have thrown in a small cricket, but even it is almost as big as the little guy - will he manage?

it'll manage.

you shoudl talk to my brother he has kept many. MR black is his username. hahah i kept a big female for a few months once. the are easy as piss to keep, what your doig is fine jsut throw in some food every once in a while. hahah i have heard that being opotunistic eaters if you feed to much they can explode so to speak. also ive seen them kill and eat mice. yum yum. very cool insects

give him pinheads, and a shallow bowl of water. they can kill things as big as them if theyre hungry enough

2cm long is far to big for pinhead crix. I keep them in tall containers, coco peat substrate. Twigs or bark for them to climb on(just needs to be rough so they can get a grip) and feed them anything that will climb or fly. Roches are useless since they burrow so i use crickets, flies or beetles from the garden. Prey about half is size is perfect. While he will be able to take down something his own size there will be too much waste.

i cought one last ngith lol as well thier so cool got it in a lil wrehouse click clack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back