Manx mice , are they common?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davem54

Reaction score
Got several manx mice in a litter. Didn't know they existed? Are they around?? They look weird with their backsides sticking out. Harder to pick up too.

I have one female who produces tailess mice every second clutch or so, though she herself has a tail. I've seen the tailess mice and 'curly' - extra hairy mice at petshops. The tailess mice are a pian to feed off to snakes.

Most of my tailess have been fed off, except for this little guy. also recently some real hairy mice have popped out too. When my mouse started to have tailess I was amazed too, untill I realised they are farirly common!

Male Tailless
6332.jpg

Fluffy Female (with flash)
6330.jpg

Fluffy female
6331.jpg

Sounds like some of you are forming bonds with your snake food :) I used to keep rats as pets, then I bought myself a snake and had to stop looking at them as cute, cuddly rodents. Now when I see a rat or a mouse I instantly think "snake food".

hi foxysnake,
did you buy your breeders from either of the 2 big petshops in townsville? if so, they most likely are mine, i used to breed the manx all the time, but stopped due to the no tail to hold, lol, and we also bred the curleys which we called "sheep"

cheers,
steve......

Hey steve, all my breeders have come from Aussie pets. The manx and the curly's that I've seen that were probably were yours were at the willows pet shop. Hey steve, your mum isn't the lady from charterstowers who breeds rats, little dogs and cockatiels is she? - we bought some rats off her ages ago, and her car ran out of fuel as she was leaving, so my other half went and bought some fuel for her. Is that your Mum?

Hey craig, I can't say I see them as cute and cuddly, the little critters can be quite vicous at times. Even when I took photos of these 2 I was thinking, him which snake needs a mouse that size? Its wierd when my friends come over and they're like, those mice are so cute and look at their colours, I'm like thinking - hey they're just food!

hi foxy,
no thats not us, we live in mackay, but we have sold rats to that lady in charterstowers,

we supply aussie pets and pet hq all the time, we are coming up next week to deliver to pet hq, aussie pets has a new manager and doesn't want any this time up, we have delivered to a couple other petshops up there but not on a regular basic, i also think that aussie pets sells to some smaller shops up there so that could be the willows,

cheers,
steve.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back