Marble Gecko eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

junglepython2

Hi can anyone please tell me the size of marble gecko eggs when layed and the gestation and incubation length and the desired incubation temp?

These are the standard run of the mill marbles not the velvet marbles.

Thanks!

I saw some eggs in a enclosure at a pet shop last week and they where the size of a pea. The pet shop guy said they where marble geckos, but I couldn't see the geckos. She hadn't buried them or anything and he said he was just going to leave them to incubate as they where.

Thanks meshe, friends just given me one that is gravid the eggs don't look that big and was wondering how long off she was.

Anyone else?

yes about pea size, you dont need any form of heat, as a child i placed about 10 marbled gecko eggs in a match box and sat them on my cupboard at room temp and they hatched.
cheers Matt

Thanks Matt, she can't be far off laying, looks as if she is about to burst. How long did they take to hatch? Also is it worth putting them in an incubator or is the cupboard method preferrable?

And finally did you use any substrate or did they go straight into the match box?

yes about pea size, you dont need any form of heat, as a child i placed about 10 marbled gecko eggs in a match box and sat them on my cupboard at room temp and they hatched.
cheers Matt

Yes they are very easy to hatch, I've even had four eggs hatch when the tub they were in was tipped over!
They don't need a nest box to lay in, I found my females prefered to lay in curled up pieces of bark where they stuck the eggs to the inside and then I had to carefully break the bark to remove the eggs.
Put them somewhere where they aren't likely to be disturbed and don't get too hot and you should be right. I used 2:3 (water:vermiculite) in there tubs which worked fine and they take about 60 days to hatch (from memory). Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back