Marbled Gecko and Enclosure pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi these are some of my marbled geckos and their enclosure pics.i currently have 3 of them. i will get more in my album as soon as i can get a photo ( they are hard to take photos of coz they hide and when they come out they sprint back into hiding spots ) also can they die from overfeeding ??? Hope u like them ( my dad made the tank ):D

Attachments

• Gecko Enclosure.jpg
    Gecko Enclosure.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 271
  • Gecko Tank.jpg
    Gecko Tank.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Gecko Terranium.jpg
    Gecko Terranium.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Marbled Gecko.jpg
    Marbled Gecko.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Marbled Gecko ( male ).jpg
    Marbled Gecko ( male ).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 198
i hope they wouldnt die from over feeding i feed mine heaps.have you ever bred them?

realy nice, your gecko's are lucky to have so much space. its nice to see so much pride taken in a set-up.

realy nice, your gecko's are lucky to have so much space. its nice to see so much pride taken in a set-up.
thanks designing the tank is one of my fave things to do with lizards i take ages making decisions

yeah so am i. i have 2 pairs together all year round would this stop them breeding

yeah so am i. i have 2 pairs together all year round would this stop them breeding
i dont know i have a pair in their and and extra gecko ( not sure what its was pretty sure it was female ) im sorry i cant help you with that im trying to know if an extra gecko would stop a pair breeding

Christinus, much like other geckos, are breeding machines. Year round of keeping them together wouldn't stop them breeding in the appropriate season. I regularly see them in the dozens across only 3 or 4 trees all in close vicinity. In the warmer weather, I see plagues of the little devils.

Remember when breeding these animals that they produce round, hard shelled eggs unlike other geckos like Nephrurus and Oedura, this means they require a tad more calcium as the eggs drain alot of what the female has. It would pay to leave a dish of calcium powder in the enclosure.

Being hard shelled, the eggs do not require the same incubation medium of soft shelled eggs. Therefore, no 1:1 mediums of substrate to water are required. Little, if any water needs to be added to the medium, be that soil or perlite etc...

Christinus, much like other geckos, are breeding machines. Year round of keeping them together wouldn't stop them breeding in the appropriate season. I regularly see them in the dozens across only 3 or 4 trees all in close vicinity. In the warmer weather, I see plagues of the little devils.

Remember when breeding these animals that they produce round, hard shelled eggs unlike other geckos like Nephrurus and Oedura, this means they require a tad more calcium as the eggs drain alot of what the female has. It would pay to leave a dish of calcium powder in the enclosure.

Being hard shelled, the eggs do not require the same incubation medium of soft shelled eggs. Therefore, no 1:1 mediums of substrate to water are required. Little, if any water needs to be added to the medium, be that soil or perlite etc...
wow ok so is it ok keeping them in trios will they still breed???

thanks rocket.in my enclosure i have a large rock pile(like a miny ackie stack) just wondering if they would lay the eggs in there.

Yeah, don't worry about feeding and keeping them in trios.

Just stay focused on the amount of calcium that you give them. They require alot. A good indicator of females being of optimum calcium levels is noticeable swellings that females get on either side of the throat. These are build-ups of stored calcium. When you notice these, you'll know the female is at the optimum calcium level.

Yeah, don't worry about feeding and keeping them in trios.

Just stay focused on the amount of calcium that you give them. They require alot. A good indicator of females being of optimum calcium levels is noticeable swellings that females get on either side of the throat. These are build-ups of stored calcium. When you notice these, you'll know the female is at the optimum calcium level.
has the calcium got to do with breeding ?

i bought mine for $20 its calcium dust u dust on your crickets u feed them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back