Marbled Gecko (Christinus marmoratus) egg enquiry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mithredath

Reaction score
Hi,

I am writing this post as I have a question regarding some marbled gecko eggs that were laid half way through november last year.

A week or so after they were laid I candled the eggs, making sure not to turn them in the process. In each egg, veins were clearly visible and a pinkish colour was apparent. Two months have almost passed and the eggs have still yet to hatch.

In recent weeks I cannot see the veins anymore, instead there is an air pocket filling around 1/4 to 1/2 of the eggs volume, with the remainder filled with some kind of dark mass that is difficult to distinguish.

Being my first batch of marbled gecko eggs, my question is whether this is normal for eggs of this age or whether this means they are no longer viable?

Thank you for your assistance, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mithredath

Yes it's fine, usually the dark mass is actually gecko :p Means they're getting close! I have my first marbled gecko egg at the moment too... but I'm used to hatching Bynoe's geckos and they do the same.

And congrats on the eggs, hope they hatch :D

Yes it's fine, usually the dark mass is actually gecko :p Means they're getting close! I have my first marbled gecko egg at the moment too... but I'm used to hatching Bynoe's geckos and they do the same.

And congrats on the eggs, hope they hatch :D

Thank you for your reply PeppersGirl. You were right. This morning I woke to find one of the geckos actually hatched. I am absolutely stoked.

I have attached some images below of the little guy. I will let you all know of any updates with the other egg.

Thank you again

Kind regards,

Mithredath

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, he's lovely! :D Next one shouldn't be too far behind.

Mine is still nowhere near developed (laid on the 19th of November)... must be all these temperature spikes, glad to know someone's had a bit of success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back