marbled gecko eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonff

Reaction score
just curious, if my marbled gecko lays an egg, will i have to incubate it, or will she take care of the egg and hatch it by herself?

thnx a heap

-gonff-

:)

My understanding is they will hatch at room temperature if left undisturbed (correct me if I'm wrong) As I have a couple of eggies on the way hopefully:lol:. but I don't know if I should remove the eggs or the parents could someone please help

at the moment mine are at room temperature at about 20-22 degrees i think. is all right?

Just leave them be. Room temp is fine. They are very easy to hatch, in fact it is proberbly the overkill that harms them. Just leave them as they are (pick em up if you wish, they have hard shells and it doesnt harm them). Marbled geckos are very easy to keep. They are independant when they hatch, feed them baby crickets (really small, size of pin head, I brush them from the tub into a separate bowl so I can see how many I have for the feed). Marbled Geckos dont have histories of caninbalism. They intergrate with each other very well. I kept the babies with the adults (both related and non-related). Apart from a bluey pit when I was younger, these were my first attempt at keeping herps outside their natural enviroment.

Last edited:
I hatched 3 this year.

I got them out of there enclosure put them in a plastic container in sand and then inside another container with a little water then i put the lid on (the lid had holes to allow air in and out) I then stuck the container in one of my snake enclosures at 29-30 degrees on thermostat and hoped for the best.

They all hatched.

So as long as you keep them warm they will be fine.

NO NEED FOR AN INCUBATOR

ok thnx a heap

do i have to take them out of the enclosure though?is it possible to leave them in with the mother?
will the mother take care of them?

thnx

-gonff-

They took about a while to hatch i never kept note to be honest.

Gonoff the mother doesnt take care of them.

sorry just see if ive got it strait.

if my female lays an egg(or 2) i should just leave them in a container at room temp to hatch???

this is to horsesrule, u shouldnt keep geckos in sand the sand can get stuck in there paws and they cant climb, also it can cause impaction which is the build up if sand in there stomach when they swallow it with there food, it causes constipation and after a while it can kill them.

this is to horsesrule, u shouldnt keep geckos in sand the sand can get stuck in there paws and they cant climb, also it can cause impaction which is the build up if sand in there stomach when they swallow it with there food, it causes constipation and after a while it can kill them.;

this is to horsesrule, u shouldnt keep geckos in sand the sand can get stuck in there paws and they cant climb, also it can cause impaction which is the build up if sand in there stomach when they swallow it with there food, it causes constipation and after a while it can kill them.

this is to horsesrule, u shouldnt keep geckos in sand the sand can get stuck in there paws and they cant climb, also it can cause impaction which is the build up if sand in there stomach when they swallow it with there food, it causes constipation and after a while it can kill them.;
This is to Creesa, while true with some species saying that you cant keep geckos on sand is not true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back