Marbled Velvet Gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern_Forest_Drag

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Im not one to start threads but ive searched and read almost everything that came up when i searched for these guys mostly just for sale adds etc.
So i got a few questions -
Which Locale seems to sell the easiest? WA/NT etc? WA seems to be the most expensive.
How many Eggs do you get from 1 Adult female in a season (obviously there are many variables just want to hear your experiences) how many were fertile?
What would be better to house them in ive got a 6x2x2 tank set up for snakes its got 3 compartments 2x2x2 (can put one in each) however no heat lights has 3 UV lights and 3 Heat pads (one in each compartment) or a 3x2x2 tank (all 3 would have to go in) with heat lights and a UV light? Could i fit a TRIO of WA locale in the 3x2x2? i successfully breed a pair of Central netteds in this tank about 4 years ago. However i dont think i would of wanted to put a TRIO of netteds in there.
Do they need UV Light? Im pretty sure they dont but just making sure i read somewhere:
"Geckos in the Oedura genus are nocturnal so they do not require a UVB light"
What is there lifespan? Ive read conflicting reports on caresheets .....

Gonna get some Frillys next season but thinking of getting some of these guys now.

Cheers.

Last edited:
My experience with both QLD and WA marms:

4 to 6 clutches each season.
90% fertility

Mine are kept in trios in a tub rack system. 41 (depth) x 33 (width) x 16 (height) cm with a tile stack inside to increase surface area for movement. Heat mat under 1/3 floor. Washed sand substrate. No light. Small tub half filled with vermiculite for moisture and egg laying.

Live a good 12 years, maybe considerably longer.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back