Mareeba Carpet Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headhoncho67

Reaction score
Hi there....

My hubby and I have just adopted our first python - a lovely 18 month old Mareeba carpet python called Jeremy.

We're really enjoying the experience and are looking forward to watching Jeremy grow and mature. He's really easy to handle - not snappy at all. The kids fell in love with him straight away.

We purchased our python from a reputable reptile store in South Australia who have been in business many years, so we know we have expert support when we need it.

Since our purchase, however, we've been trying to find out some information on the "Mareeba" carpet python (slightly smaller than the Qld Carpet python and with slightly different markings), however, we haven't been able to find anything on the Internet.

Just wondering if anyone out there knows if the Mareeba Carpet Python is also known under any other name?

We've got lots of information on the forum here to absorb- we have some reading ahead of us for the next few months!

Thanks for your help

Alan and Lynn

X

Im not 100% sure but mareeba is near atherton so im guessing anything on atherton jungle/carpet would net be too far off for your mareeba good luck

All I can say is....welcome to the site....I know nothing about your python, but I wanted to say ... HI....anyway, I'm sure there'll be someone on site to help you. Good luck. I have a 17 month old Stimmie named Barrie. :)

Well, after some discussion with the shop we purchased it from, they tell me it is a sub species of a jungle/carpet. They also told me I wouldn't find anything on the internet ablout it as it was "New"?

Apparently he's about 18 months old - around 3 foot long.

Had his first feed tonight, a big juicy mouse - wow - what an appetite!
Jeremy12.jpg

A couple of pice - maybe someone here will be able to confirm?
Jeremy11.jpg

Yeah just means its parents are from mareeba this is one of my mareeba jungles
jungles 008.jpg

wonder if this locality of jungle will be as popular as the others. nice snake by the way

roy pails has a heap on his site for sale.

welcome to the site

A jungle from Mareeba? :) No chance,
It is a carpet python, a nice one too,
Cheers
Adam

Welcoem to the site.. and a nice looking snake you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back