Marsh frog?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket frog of some description, I'm not to good with amphibians.

They the lil guys that make the popping sounds instead of croaking....???

Not a marsh frog. Definately a Litoria not limnodynastes.

Litoria ??

A rocket frog of some description. The pointy head and very elongate toes give it away. I leave it up to the amphibian experts to tell you exactly. Neph or Mattmc should come through for you.

P.S. Your hands don't look overly wet.....

It looks very much like Litoria nasuta. It's a good idea to use rinsed, disposable latex gloves when handling wild frogs.

Stewart

Very streamlined little guy. Bet he goes fast! Aerodynamic and even has speed stripes. The V8 Super frog

I believe this is a striped marsh frog? found him in my backyard last weekend.
001-5.jpg

Thanks guys

by the way, that wasnt my hand in the picture, a friend had found him and picked him up to show me. she did wet her hands quite a few times, though they kept drying out. Didn't help that the only water near the college was chlorinated, so we didnt want to use that.

looks like Litoria nasuta to me. last time i encountered these frogs they could jump (hop) a good distance with the adults often 2-3meters. yes they are a rocket frog. can be a pain to photograph as they like to jump ALOT

I looked up Litoria nasuta as you guys said, and it definately looks the same. I can understand how these guys can jump so far, with the length of their legs and the streamlined body. but this guy, strangely enough, never tried to jump at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back