Mating behaviour?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, home for the hols and got to see my (ex) gex, levis levis. Was watching the male and the big female and she walked over and bit him on the head. since then i haven't seen her attack him, but when one approaches the other, their tails go up in the air and they wave them. I wanted to know if i should separate them, although small the male has a nice fat tail, or if this is just kinky behaviour? Its a bit late in the season for nookie isn't it?
Cheers, Boo

I would separate them if you aren't going to be there.
Usually behaviour like that means that the male wants some action but the female isn't having a bar of it. One year my very large female actually ate the male's tail due to this behaviour so now I always separate at the start of autumn lol

Thankyou for replying!!!!!! I won't be here but there new owner will, so she can keep an eye on them, they have a fairly large floor area and separate hides, so hopefully they will be ok, at least until she can sey up yet another tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back