Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peregrinus

Reaction score
i found my lost snake tonight.. it was lost for approx 45 seconds.. i have my baby bredli in a click clack inside my 4x2x2 tank with my MD.. i went to feed her and she wasnt in the clickclack!!! i freaked out and figured my MD has had an expensive feed.. turned out she was coiled up elsewhere in the tank.. my yearling MD obviously wasnt interested.. still im surprised.. a 14 month old 110cm MD and didnt touch a 25cm baby bredli.. anyway the click clack is well sealed again! but that kind of size diff would normal get eaten? or am i just wrong :D

I'm not sure if they would eat eachother living in the same tank.. I thought only snake-eating snakes would be a problem with other snakes (eg BHPs)

Morelia aren't normally reptile eaters but it can happen if they're hungry.
If you did that with a large woma or blackhead (or some species of elapid), I'm sure it'd be gone.
Lucky!

If it didnt happen now, it could happen in the future. I hope it doesnt though, have u thought about investing in a new enclosure?

yeah i will be, im just waiting to get the right one, i want to move the md to one with more height and have the current one for the bredli. They wont be there long i just decided not to get a heat mat and put her in there a few weeks! glad i didnt learn that the hard way...

i probably would have come to the same conclusion... so glad it worked out though... and yes bigger snakes have been known to eat smaller 1's... there is a thread on here showing some 1's olive eating their diamond

Here

Attachments

• olive_eating_intergrade_132.jpg
    olive_eating_intergrade_132.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 147
i would love to know how the hell that happened that must have been a preety sad day.

sam.

Did you manage to rescue the snake being eaten by the other one??? I certainly hope that was the case??? When we got our second MD, we put our other enclosure which was just a clickclack tub in the larger enclosure, mostly for the temperature thing, but just glued a heap of foam strips around inside the lid of the click clack tub, so he could not get out with the female "Emdee"(she was heaps bigger than him at that stage). He took so long to take his first feed after we got him(Boof) from URS.

I had a big male diamond eat its mate of about the same size.
One of the saddest days of my herping life and it was a bright yellow one exactly like the one the olive ate???. I will never leave two snakes together again unless for mateing and then i would be watching it was a hard lesson to learn.
Please dont learn the hard way keep them snakes seperated.

i found my lost snake tonight.. it was lost for approx 45 seconds.. i have my baby bredli in a click clack inside my 4x2x2 tank with my MD.. i went to feed her and she wasnt in the clickclack!!! i freaked out and figured my MD has had an expensive feed.. turned out she was coiled up elsewhere in the tank.. my yearling MD obviously wasnt interested.. still im surprised.. a 14 month old 110cm MD and didnt touch a 25cm baby bredli.. anyway the click clack is well sealed again! but that kind of size diff would normal get eaten? or am i just wrong :D

I think that you are best advised to quarantine any new animals coming into your collection. You will face an even more expensive lesson if you don't.

wow! and such a nice looking diamond too!!! bad olive! drop it boy, cmon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back