Melamine prices.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxereturn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much a 1200x2400 sheet of regular white 17mm melamine is from Bunnings or similar? And how much for black? And what about peg board? I don't think peg board comes in the regular 1200x2400 size does it? I usually get a mate to build my stuff, but might give it a go myself. Don't care about mates rates etc, just the regular price.

Cheers,

-Jonno

Go to a kitchen marker and ask them if they have any off cuts or damaged stuff, if it has a few small dents in it they will give to you or charge you next to nothing, i've done this heaps of times and you can't tell the difference.

I bought a few sheets of 2400x1200 melamine a few days ago for just under $40 each.

Spring - I take it that was white stuff? And did it include them cutting it up?

yes white and cutting was free, usually I think they charge about a buck per cut.

sxe the melamine they sell at bunnings is not HMR(highly moisture resistant).

I buy HMR melamine from a place at Strathpine called Janden Wood Products.

They sell 2400x1200x16mm HMR white melamine for about $37-00.

I dont know the cost for black.

atually JunglePython they do sell HMR there. i went there about 2 weeks back and they had it then.

Go to Mr Play and Wood. Do you need a specail saw to cut melamine?

when I went to bunnings the other day they had melamine for sale for 39-00 a sheet but I asked and they said it was not HMR. Upon looking at the edges of the wood it did not have the green HMR glue in it.

Was the HMR that you saw 39-00 a sheet?

I get it for 37-00 anyway and the place cuts it for me.

Bunnings only have a crappy saw that cannot make accurate cuts.

Jungle - where do you get yours from? I need to make some enclosures pretty soon - got snakes living in tubs.

Janden Wood Products
28 Kremzow Road
Strathpine 4500
(07) 38896300

They are the cheapest I have found.

nah Junglepython, the stuff i saw was about $60 a sheet if i remember correctly. and it said HMR.

I agree with JP - Bunnings have never cut me accurate pieces of wood. I always make sure I go to Mister Ply & Wood - they are excellent when it comes to accuracy.

Simon Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back