Melbourne Herp Expo..woop woop!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'll be there! Been doing the whole count-down thing since September! (yes, I know, I need to get a life!)

It will be a 5.5hour trip for me - then another 5.5 back on the Sunday, but, for those who've never been to the VHS Melbourne Expo, it's WELL worth the trip! :)

Looking forward to catching up with a 'few' people whilst there...

Best,
Carolyn

In the showgrounds carpark mate - you'll be directed!

Hope this helps!

Best,
Carolyn
Amateurs...its 19 hours each way for us.....:( long drive ahead...

advertisement will be great for the expo hopefully they can get a huge turn out for this one. Its good also that the prices are so low aswell

this will also be my first expo and am looking forward to it. im also a little scared to take my wallet as there is a chance i may max out my credit cards... :)

From a sellers perspective I think it was excellent. I and everybody I spoke to indicated a lot fewer sales than they expected but all had a few sales. I actually got more in follow up sales from people I had spoken to at the expo than I did on the day so I was very happy with that.

One conversation I had quite a few times with visitors to the expo which I was quite happy with went something like this:
(looking at my baby accies in their display enclosure) "Do you need a licence to keep these?"

"Yes - they can be kept on a basic licence"

"How hard is it to get a licence?"

"You basically pay and annual fee and maintain some paper work etc."

"Where to you apply for this?"

"I think the department have a table here somewhere (I never worked out where it was) and they can answer all your questions."

So there were people new to the hobby showing an interest which to me was one of the main points of the expo.

One thing working against the expo was the Pet Expo on the same day at Caufield... not the ideal event to be competing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back