mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh im not sure if suffocation would be a nice way to go..ask an ashmatic..or someone with emphasema..flick a brick is the BEST..no mess no fuss..if u do heaps .get the gas chamber out..
a pet shop (wont mention the name) places them in their staff toilet to drown,,then they freeze them..then when you buy them and thaw them,,they are wet and smell like human,NOT MOUSE...urinate..eeeew..

You really want to make sure they are dead don't you. Any one of these actions on their own would probably be sufficient.

dobermanmick said:
Co2 ,drown ,whack on the head ,cervical dislocation

i gave up on the wood shavings....i have a 3 tier mice cage for them (and a lil bredding cage) and leave a piece of folded up newspaper on the floor! they do have bedding on the top story in their house..... they trash the place at night!! their 2 ladders r always on the floor, as is one of the shelves....i have now tied everything down - and hope (please!!) that they wont eat the ties...

i have them in the back sunroom with every window and door open!!

i heard that you shouldnt kill them - but to freeze them alive to prevent internal injuries or something like that...:S but i was told it was important to freeze them alive :s...i knwo they ones i buy (lab mice) are alive cause they are frozen whilst they r crawling over each other

injuries dont matter, honestly I dont know what way i would prefer to go frozen to death or flicked over a brick over and done with quickly..

i dont think i could leave em in the freezer knowing there in there scratching away tryin to get out. nope over a brick and done with quickly. Just my opinion.

i use an old fridge took off the door shelves, refitted the seal, fitted a 2 inch vent tube to outside, knocked a few air inlet holes then cut a rectangle hole in the door and fitted a peice of glass. left the seelves and chisper drawns in it.the draws are under a mesh floor and collect the crap in the draws which house me worm farm (belive it or not) put mesh infront of the shelves(so i could open the door with the mice escapin).
brill!! no smell. just "harvest" as required
with gasin'. my brother was in a work place accident and was gassed with carbonmonoxide. he said he could hear people resquing him and it felt like he was in a deram. "real relaxing" he reckons. maybe mice are the same .

can i see some pics of this fridge/rat house?? we have a HUGE fridge that we dont use anymore...could be perfect....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back