mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to be smart but obviously yes you can, the white lab mice will strengthen the petshop young. They are not separate breeds just different strains.

Problem with ya lab mice is they get around in coats and wear dark rimmed glasses , and ya petshop boys are just rock n roll wannabes.

Lets be Frank, mice are like teenagers, they will bone poonarnie when its presented!!!

Only if its ripe!!!!

Let me squeeze it!!!

Thanks guys that is a great help. . Saves me trying to alternate the breeding of my females. Is it rue that the females are in heat every 4 to 5 days.

Yes it is true, the females come on heat every 4 or 5 days. Just leave them all together and let the boys go mad, no need to cycle the females as they are just lean, mean, breeding machines....LOL

Re: RE: mice

hugsta said:
Yes it is true, the females come on heat every 4 or 5 days. Just leave them all together and let the boys go mad, no need to cycle the females as they are just lean, mean, breeding machines....LOL

err you'll find its every 48-72 hours

RE: Re: RE: mice

Sorry, rats are every 4 or 5 days. :D

Lab mice are difficult to cross breed with pet stock unless you can trick them into thinking they're mating with their siblings :D

I am currently breeding my first batch of rats. EWWW they are soooo gross and disgusting...i seriously have problems with them :S.... and the little ferals bite! i must clean their cages at least 3 times a day.....YUKKK

Me too. The little ones are cute though when they are hopping about. I use wood shavings and shredded paper and i change it every week but they still stink to high heaven

Agree about the smell, ive got em in the garage in a old 4x2x2 fish tank and they stink the whole double garage and outside out!

I know its been asked somewhere here b4 but how do u guys kill them before ya whack em in the freezer?

fair enough then! Yeah ive tried the whack on the head, and broken there necks (tried that tonight) but all i get is the misses in the ear going your goin to hell ya murderer!!" lol

Yeah it is pretty full on. Think of yourself as a farmer...you 'harvest' a furry crop every now and again.
I put them in a small air-tight container and they go to sleep. They don't seem to feel anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back