Mildly venomous snakes NSW class !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't rekon that list thing is right, its probably full of mistakes etc...there was a small number for some really popular snakes....

Most people don't really want to keep small elapids. They are unspectacular looking (for most part) and a bit from one could make you very sick. They are probably rarer than the keepers list as people would be holding onto paperwork and not actually owning animals.

-h

Nephurus: thats an awsome whip snake...where did you get it from?

im after small elapids like: marsh snakes, devis banded snakes, white lipped snakes, masters snakes, orange naped snakes and small spotted snakes!!!

Luke

Luke: there was some de vis for sale a couple of days ago, there was a link on page 1 of this thread, they were 1600 for the pair, i would of snatched them up but I only have 1000 saved up for de vis as i was looking for them while ago.
cheers blake

blake blake, yea i saw the add, i would of tried to snatch them up to, im trying to borrow money to get em LOL!!!
yea anyway the ones im mainly after is marsh snakes and de vis bandeds and white lipped snakes!

Those people who said they want to buy the bandeds on AHC. Do any of you actually know how to keep them? Or kept them before? If you do can you mind sharing some info?

Iv kept a De Vis Banded before, only looked after him for a few months for a friend. Was very easy to keep, couldnt get him to take Pinkies though, would only eat frogs and skinks. He was a really quite snake, no probs free handling him. He did bite my brother once when we were feeding him but didnt really do too much. No more than a bee sting. Would love to get another one, or a Swampy or white lipped !

Ewan: i have found out a bit about keeping marshies and de vis banded snakes:

Marsh snakes
marsh snakes are durinal, terrestrial, species often found beneth discarded building materials

to house a pair you should have a tank no small then 50cm long. cage decoration should include suitable hiding places near and away from the basking site. the cage temperature in the middle of the tank should be around 24- 28* C.

swamp snakes naturally feed on frogs and skinks, but can be weaned onto a diet of young mice. meals should be offered about once a week.

swamp snakes are very hardy in captivity and amenable to occasional handling, however if they bite, it will be very painful.

the species is live bearing, producing 6-16 young in late summer or Autumn.

de vis banded snakes
de vis banded snakes are most active at at dusk and on warm evenings,they are a terrestrial species often found beneth railway sleepers and debris

to house a pair you should have a tank no small then 50cm long. cage decoration should include suitable hiding places near and away from the basking site. the cage temperature in the middle of the tank should be around 24- 28* C.

de vis banded snakes naturally feed on frogs and skinks, but can be weaned onto a diet of young mice. meals should be offered about once a week. they are apparently one of the easiest snakes elapids to wean onto mice.

this species adjusts readily to captivity but should nat be handled, or at least with out a hook or unsless you know exactly what you are doing. they will thrash about wildly if handled in apropraitly and will bite repedly. a result in a bite can cause servre pain and may require medical treatment

they are live beares producing 3-9 young in late summer.

hope this helps mate, it did for me

Luke

Good on ya Luke1! Thanks heaps! Did you find a website or have the info passed to you from someone?

i had it passed down from John Weigel awhile ago and in his book!!!

Bumping this up....would like a bit more info please, photos of tanks anything that can help!

LOL Ryan, just keep seaching, you never no, de vis have come up for sale, you could attempt to get them!
any pics of the snakes Jamgo???

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back