Missing Scales on Jaw

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmalene_bunny

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So tonight when I fed my little man Sebastian, I noticed some scales missing, I've never noticed them there before, I'm unsure if his skin has just stretched to much because of him moving from fuzzing pinkies to the next size up, but I can't seem to see it on any older photos that I've taken, and he's eating with more than ease since on the new mice.
I would just like a bit of advice/comments on why they might not be in that area or if it is actually normal, I just never noticed it that all and want to make sure it's nothing to be of concern.
Em

That's not scales missing it the flexible part of the lower jaw that separates to wrap around food etc. it's just how the scales part... It's all good they all do it when the foods big enough

That's meant to be there, it's where their jaw splits/stretches when eating.

All good! Best to ask then the risk of something being wrong

All good! Best to ask then the risk of something being wrong

I think I looked at nearly every single photo I had taken of him before I decided to post, and I have probably to many photos for the timeframe I've had him! I'm so glad I did though, but it's just my little man getting bigger :D

ga7u6uhu.jpg
Emmalene- bunny everyone answered while I was searching for this photo. I am so slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back