Mites on reptiles.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndahh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
The other day I bought a Shingleback from the pet store, the guy that was working there told me that the shingleback use to be housed with 32 other shingles at the previous store. I don't want to bad mouth any stores so i won't mention any names. He looked skinny and unwell. His movement is a little different then the shingle I've had at home. He kinda walked around like he was much older like an old man would and he is only about a year old, kinda shakes while he walks, his scales also looked like they were .. dehydrated like wrinkly compare to my other one. I've not one to turn down a reptile that looked unwell even if i was to pay. He is going to be the partner of my shingle at home. Later today i saw that he had all these little bugs walking on him and i kinda freaked out. I went to the pet store straight away and got a repto-guard mite spray. I sprayed him and the enclosure. Is there anything else i should be doing? How can I make him healthy again, I'm trying to feed him everyday to beef him up a little.

The other day I bought a Shingleback from the pet store...

Where do you live?

The other day I went to a pet shop to buy a shingleback and they said they can't keep/sell them...

Unfortunately I don't have one so I can't help you.

Good luck. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm in VIC, and yeah you can on a basic license here.

I have just had a similar issue with my spotted. Wonder if it is the same store?

I have just treated mine with mite spray, along with the enclosure. Someone with more experience may be able to help with treating lizards, but there is a great sticky in the herp help section on treating mites. :)

Soaking them in warm water always helps. Sometimes you think you have them all, and then you see them all floating in the water. The water usually drowns them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back