mmmmmmm pizza.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxyuranus microlepid

Reaction score
this is a really good recipe i just made and am currently eating.

2 cups plain flour,
dash of salt,
dash or oil,
1 x 8 gram packet of yeast, defiance brand is best
3/4 cup olive oil.
ingredients of your choice

mix all dry ingredients then add wet all at once, knead till ruberry and elastic, put in a large [metal] bowl and cover with teatowell, leave to rise in fridge.
When the dough has doubled in size it is ready,

roll flat on a piece of baking paper with flour on it, coat in olive oil, add base and ingredients, top with italian herb mix and cheese (mozzarella, with a few boccochini on top).
bake in oven till melted.

serves about 4 ppl, 2 or more pizzas each

VARIATION: BBQ pizza!
do the same but more oil in mix, and cover the pizza in a large metal bowl

its really nice, try it sometime

so no water?

i'd given up making pizzas, the dough always tastes like crap!

but i'll try again with this one! :)
thanks!

I work at Eagle Boys Pizza, I am sick of pizzas! lol.. I'm one of those people in the store that, makes pizza, answers phones, does front counter, cuts the pizzas and makes the dough for the pizzas, not neccessarly in that order *sigh*

I work at Eagle Boys Pizza, I am sick of pizzas! lol.. I'm one of those people in the store that, makes pizza, answers phones, does front counter, cuts the pizzas and makes the dough for the pizzas, not neccessarly in that order *sigh*

sounds like you like working at the pizza shop.lol

damn, i typed it wrong

2 cups plain flour,
dash of salt,
dash of oil,
1 x 8 gram packet of yeast, defiance brand is best
3/4 cup WATER

While you are making pizza ... you may as well make home made garlic bread too ...

Cheesy Bacon Garlic Bread

serves 12-16 (so it says -- i say serves 4 (maybe 6))

500g (4 cups) plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
30g butter or margarine (diced)
20g dried rapid rise yeast
1 beaten egg (to glaze)
90g butter (softened)
90g mature cheddar cheese (grated) -- (I use tasty or mozzarella)
100g diced bacon
2 plump garlic cloves
1/4 cup snipped chives
salt and ground black pepper
fresh herbs (to garnish)

Grease a large baking tray. Sift the flour and salt inot a mixing bowl and rub in the (30g) butter. Stir in the yeast. Add about 325mL luke warm water gradually to form a firm dough.

Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until firm and elastic. Shape into a ball and put in a lightly oiled mixing bowl. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.

Put the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3minutes. Cut the dough into 3-4 pieces and shape each into a baguette. Transfer to the baking tray and leave to rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 220degrees Celcius. Make a slit along the top length of each baguette and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15minutes or until golden and the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the base.

Reduce the oven to 190degrees Celcius. Put the butter, cheese, bacon, garlic, chives, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat until combined.

When the bread is cool enough to handle, cut into slices (2.5cm) Spread the garlic butter between the slices, wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back