Monitor Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilelover1994

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Iam On My Nsw R1 And Iam Just Wonder What Monitors Can I Keep I wont Something Big(ish) i wasd looking i dont wont a ackie what about sand monitor can u get them on R1 nsw ????/
thats for help if u help

sweet i really wont to get one but can u help with care if i get one i wont to be 101% about everything so could u please send a care sheet or write one and how much are they ??

ok depends on what you go for gouldii gouldii are around $200-$400 g. flavirufus are from about $300-$500, flavies get to about 80cm gouldii get to about 110cm for a rough captive bred one, depends on what local some northern gouldiis can get to 1.5 metres but mainly around 100cm-120cm, they like to dig and move, climb and investigate stuff, feed them on a varied diet of rodents, chicks, ducks, mice, necks, insects a juveniles, they dont like being handled although some may take to it, they wont be scared of you and are very bold, they'll have an extreme feeding responce and will lunge at feed and can do some damage, they need alot of respect although they arnt that big, they need a basking spot of 60-70 degrees, this can be acheived by a 150 watt flood globe from bunnings for about $4.00, UV is a constant battle i use it to light up the cage and can only do good to your lizard, a large enclosure is needed but depends on what sub species you get and what local. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back