Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithson

Reaction score
Hi all am look at getting my 1st monitor
lookin for a small size to start me off
so can someone help me out with some ideas

Cheers PPlz as I have $500 to get me one
what is the cost of one of these badboys
if there's any breeds out there pm me with what you got
cheers

My first monitor is hopefully gonna be a gillens monitor or black headed monitor, im not really a huge fan of ackies, but thats just me.

Last edited:
Ackies roughly go for $200 to $300, I would not pay anything over that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ackies roughly go for $200 to $300, I would not pay anything over that.

Ackies are a nice small monitor to start off with or if you want something a bit larger Spencer's monitors are also good first monitors... Just make sure you have a good setup first before buying the animal. Good luck :)

we have 2 ackie's and they are fantastic! go an ackie they are much smaller than other monitors and would be a good one to get used to to learn monitor behaviour and more importantly correct housing

My first (and only so far) monitor was a Merten's water monitor hatchy. Not so much a hatchy anymore! Really entertaining little critters. I came from a background of tropical aquariums, so wanted something water-y (that made sense in my head!) I also wanted something bigger rather than smaller, and a merten's seemed like a good compromise :) I love him, he's great fun!

thanks for your replys now do you know any breeds of ackies or spencers?
I would suggest an ackie for your first even tho they are all AWSOME. A lot easier to manage it also depends on how confident u are in handling a large monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back