Monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedgie75

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all could someone help me out, i went to the gold coast expo on the weekend and i saw a small monitor, im wondering if there is such a thing as a small (dwarf) monitor out there that you can actually buy?

Yeah. The most common varieties of those are Ridge Tailed Monitor, Storrs Monitor and Pygmy Mulga Monitor.

Of those three the Ridge Tailed aka. the Ackie monitor is the most commonly owned as a pet.

There's heaps of small Monitor's out there. Google Gecko dan. He has some crackers!

thanks Jannico your a big help mate. Now to decide when to get one

after a lot of research. Lol
They are easier than snakes.
But only after getting the initial environment down and the right feeding.

after a lot of research. Lol
They are easier than snakes.
But only after getting the initial environment down and the right feeding.

I've heard the temperatures can be a bit tricky? But otherwise, they seem great! Interested in Ackie myself, seem small and manageable.
;)

tricky how?
Dont really need a thermostat, they feed like crazy with heat.
Just pump heat into the enclosure

tricky how?
Dont really need a thermostat, they feed like crazy with heat.
Just pump heat into the enclosure

Wow, really? Just before I read someone say they were hard to regulate the temps or something... but I'm very glad to hear this.
:p

I had a pygmy mulga monitor for a while but sold it to someone who had a female because he was constantly restless and when introduced to the female apparently frisky (which I suspected) top animals and really entertaining. Would definantely reccomend them as a pet.....they like really hot basking spots but are generally easy to keep but don't like being handled at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back