Morelia Enclosure sizes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scorps

Hey guys,

Currently revamping my herp room,

Basically I have finished all the new liasis and aspidites enclosures, so now Im on Morelia,

I am trying to make the enclosures of a size where they have enough room to be happy but still dont take up to much room so its easier to all fit in herp room (which is very full)

So yeah to all the guys and girls out there who reguarly breed these guys what size enclosures are you using, in particular Morelia Spilota various species.

Ben

I keep most of my Morelia in 4ft x 2ft x 2ft enclosures,as long as there not bigger then 7ft +,same applies to Womas..But BHPs are in 6ft x 2ft x 2ft..

At the moment, My waters and womas are in 120cm long by 60cm wide but only 45cm high, black heads the same but 180cm long, Just after a good size morelia enclosure.

---------- Post added 10-Jan-11 at 06:35 PM ----------

Bump any one else, what size enclosures do you house your breeding morelia?

---------- Post added 11-Jan-11 at 07:44 AM ----------

Last bump :p

I've given this a lot of thought over the last several months. With switching to tubs and tub sizes available in mind, I am shifiting all of my cheynei into 1000L x 700W x 300D tubs. I would have liked to use those for mcdowelli as well but they are just not quite big enough IMO. For my big Morelia, I'll be shifting them to a 1200L x 800W x 450D tub. Still room for a perch without taking up a huge amount of vertical space.

EDIT: LOL! Just read your sig quote...I do enjoy a good belly laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back