Morelia Feeding whilst Breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glimmerman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
WHEN DO YOU RECOMMEND / START FEEDING?

I have spoken to some who say a few weeks after successful mating seperate them and start feeding regularly, as feeding before will disinterest the male in mating - Others say as soon as you increase the heat.

I have only bred childreni & macs previously and to be honest, they pretty much did it all as they were kept in pairs 24/7. I only stop feeding during cool down. I would offer them food after cooldown and if they didn't want to eat then I left it at that. I am breeding my jungles this season and would like to know if there are any special feeding requirements or periods for "Morelia's", Jungles especially

I am seriously intersted in your opinions and advice.

Kind regards

Damian

Hi Damien,

This is my second year of breeding carpet pythons and I'll be taking my male out to feed once I know for sure that my female is gravid. So that most likely means when she has her pre-lay shed. I will be keeping them seperate from then on and I won't be feeding her until after she has laid her eggs.
This is just my experience, all of my breeders are healthy enough to continue not being fed in my opinion so I'm not worried about having to feed them at this point.
Other more experienced breeders might have a different point of view. Hope this helps.
Goodluck with your animals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back