mosses kept herps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i saw this documentary on the christian bible and philosiphers and professors were looking for noaha,s ark and discussing the relevence of different relics in relation to the bible trying to proove the existance of god one section was on the bible story were god gave mosses his first herp, a big black cobra and showed him a neat trick on how to turn it into a walking stick "show this to the non belivers and they will know you have spoken to me""and when he through down his stick it turned into a serpent "the professors got this snake charmer to demenstrate how to do it and it involved massaging the snakes tail and rubbing its head and the thing dead set turns into a stick as strait as an arrow, he just taps its head and it goes back to being a snake again.ive seen it done with frogs aswell also it was mentioned that some lizards could be done as well by gently rubbing the tail tip between your fingers the frog thing was to turn it on its back and gently tap its tummy to the beat of its heart .has any one seen this as well ?

i heard jesus only came back at easter to stop people stealing his easter eggs.............is that true ?

i only smoked after the documentary and i didn't inhale and i swear i'll never do it again .
i didn't know jesus laid easter eggs so can't help you there.
and yes the professors were indead talking about your penis .
well i,m off to try the fingering the frog thing ,bet you don't have anything clever to say to that huh ? ;)

Tara Moss can rub my snake.......................

This thread is going down hill fast

re mosses

Yep fingering the frog dinno,is that like stretching the lizard :?

Moreliaman said:
i heard jesus only came back at easter to stop people stealing his easter eggs.............is that true ?

The "easter" festival (and the christmas one as well for that matter) predate most modern religions by thousands of years.

Easter is the northern hemisphere Spring fertility festival and hence the association with eggs, Carnival, its association with a full moon etc.

Christmas celebrates the northern hemispere solstice when the days start getting longer. The ancients worried that when the days started getting shorter that they would be left in total darkness... when they started getting longer again it was a cause for celebration and they could afford to feast a bit on their food reserves knowing that Summer would come again.

IMO there is a lot more sense in many of the ancient religions than the modern day ones.

dino.................have you given any of that stuff you smoked to herptrader ?
hah.gif
kos.gif

Actually today is a great day of sorrow for all Herpers!

It is Saint Patricks day and his great claim to fame was driving all the snakes from island of Ireland. We should probably all go down the pub and drown our sorrows with a pint or two of Guiness!

I totally agree about ancient religions Herptrader.
I'm not sure we need to drown our sorrows though....if I remember the lessons from my catholic school girls days correctly, wasn't the word snakes a euphemism for pagans (they were evil therfore they were snakes)? Or maybe it's the Irish in me hoping desperately that I'll stil be able to celebrate the day without feeling bad? :wink:

Do you really need to justify your reason for going to the pub.
Dont think about it too long - just go. I'm only a few minutes away myself.

Personally, I think that the bible gives snakes a bum rap. It is on about page two when it starts. Like it's the poor snake's fault that Eve ate an apple. Yeah right!!! Like my snakes can influence my wife!!!! Big chance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back