Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
atrax: Yes, those are Lampropholis guichenoti. Strange aggregations like that have been reported for decades. I've seen them up to around that size (but never managed to get a picture - well done!). There are reports of them with up to around 50 animals! I've heard it speculated that they're 'mating balls', although I've never had the opportunity to sit and watch them for long enough to see what's going on. In your picture it looks like they're all biting the same place. Was that picture taken in Sydney? I've kept them for years, but I've never seen captive animals do the 'balling' thing (not that I've seen). Perhaps it's just because they're all so used to each other, always living so close together. Then again, perhaps it has happened a lot of times without me seeing it. If you put a new group together they can squabble a bit, but they very quickly sort things out and get along very well.

In Sydney I think a garden skink is a lampropholis guichenoti. Check out this shot I took a few weeks ago - these creatures have really strange habits.

There are at least 8 lizards laying into 1 poor fella. Amazingly it did escape at least for a time.

man thats different! :shock:

poor skink lol :p

Should have looked first opps

What other Reps you got Jan.......

Species Kept:varied snakes and lizards..love my frilly's and the knob tail geckoes cute!!
birds including Chooka the cheeky Quaker parrot!
Fish...wallaby's and a boxer dog named Eira!!

Cool what type of wallabies youve got I have Darma Wallabies..

In Sydney I think a garden skink is a lampropholis guichenoti. Check out this shot I took a few weeks ago - these creatures have really strange habits.

There are at least 8 lizards laying into 1 poor fella. Amazingly it did escape at least for a time.
these are the most common little lizard around where i grew up the L. delicata

Sdaji

"In your picture it looks like they're all biting the same place. Was that picture taken in Sydney?"

Taken in Seven Hills, Sydney.

The one being bitten is not the one belly up. The lizard being bitten was being bitten all the way along its body. Personally, I think its a bit more complex than on orgy

Sdaji

"In your picture it looks like they're all biting the same place. Was that picture taken in Sydney?"

Taken in Seven Hills, Sydney.

The one being bitten is not the one belly up. The lizard being bitten was being bitten all the way along its body. Personally, I think its a bit more complex than on orgy

Yeah, I can see that the upside down one isn't being bitten, and it's biting the same thing everyone else is. It doesn't look like something sexual. Are you sure the one in the middle is the same species? Could it be a mob of Garden Skinks attacking another lizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back