Mountain Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern_Forest_Drag

Reaction score
Was looking through the list of whats allowed in Victoria the other day and i couldn't find Mountain Dragons? which is very odd as they they live at the back of my mates house which is 15 mins away. Im positive i must of overlooked it but i did look quite a few times before i made topic. Oddly i have never seen them for sale off Melbourne Sellers before either.

Note - please move topic had 3 TABS up so accidentally posted in the wrong section.

Last edited:
That being in Victoria, you can not keep them on a Private Wildlife License. When the regulations came out in 1992, all the species that were being kept at the time were added and sorted into lists. Whose species that were not, got put into the not currently allowed category. So you can thank those pre 1992 keepers for keeping such a wide or narrow variety of reptiles that got automatically added ie croc etc etc. Those that got added after 1992 like Central Carpets and Spencers Monitor have taken long and painfully slow journeys to get addded. Back to Mountain Dragons under the current system as demand for them isnt as high as say Rough Scaled Pythons and others, it probably taken forever before they are added.

Ugh ridiculous, quite a unique dragon i remember catching them when i was like 8 in primary school lol. haven't seen any since the bushfires hit my area in Feb, hopefully a few survived and will lurk around soon.

Thanks heaps for that Bushfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back