Moving from Queensland to Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm after some advice about moving from Queensland to Victoria. We currently have 5 snakes, a jungle, a coastal, two albino Darwin's and a roughy and are in discussions about moving to Victoria. I'd like to now how hard it will be to be able to take all 5 with us as I've heard of people just selling their snakes instead and buying new animals once the move is complete due to it being too hard or not allowed.

Any advice would be awesome.

I don't think you would have any problems moving down here. The reptile licencing rules are very relaxed. Try calling the DSE to double check. But I don't see a problem. Because of the RSP you will have to apply for an advanced when you do move. Then just fill in import/ export permits transferring them from you QLD license to your VIC one.

Here is teir page with contact numbers and license forms.

Private Wildlife Licences

Yep all of them are allowed under the Vic schedule... The carpets are all classed as Morelia spilota variegata here so just make sure you put that in the movement forms and not any other sub-species names (there's a possibility you will confuse the pen pushers otherwise). All are under the same code number, as said due to your M. carinata you will need the advance license, no pre-requisite on that either.... just a higher license fee.

I moved to Vic from NSW with a bunch of reptiles. Check your current state's laws about exporting to another state (I don't know them). I needed a NSW export license, and a Victorian import license. But first thing's first, you will need to apply for a Victorian private wildlife license. Wait for approval, then apply for a vic import permit, and (i'm guessing) Qld export permit. They give about a months window of opportunity for actually moving the animals so you don't need to be too specific on dates.

Good luck! Hope this helps

That's fantastic. Thanks so much. I am from Victoria but am still yet to convince my other half to move down there yet. We are coming down for a visit soon and will make the decision then but this will help loads as we thought it would be difficult to get permission.

Thanks again. :)

As I said the laws are very relaxed so it's really easy to expand your collection if you wanted to. :) One of the best things about living down here.

Its that simple, buy your Advanced license(coz of the RSP) and import/export permits and bam! done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back