Mt Druitt Wildlife

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,heres a few pics of some wildlife near MT Druitt sydney i saw walkiing around this morning,some young young green tree frogs,a native land snail,and a few kangaroos.

Last edited:
Surprising what you find in places you least expect it.

There are a pair of gorgeous raptors over on Carlisle Avenue at Mt.Druitt too. One sit's in the red and the other the green of the traffic lights.

Simone.

re Mt

Yep johnbow you would be surprised what around here,i remember i was living lansvale near cabramatta for ten years before i found an echidna,a bandicoot and ringtailed possums,dare say the echidnas and bandicoots would be rat**** by now though.

Mt Druitt wildlife? I was expecting something else :)
Echidnas are suprisingly adept at surviving in cities, they may still be around.

Mt Druitt wildlife? I was expecting something else :)
Echidnas are suprisingly adept at surviving in cities, they may still be around.
Come on Maggy,starve the lizards an fair suck of the sav,are you inferring thats there is onley "Bush Pigs" here. LOL

a fair bit of wildlife around on friday nights too.
Mostly feral jason,but occcasionally you get the odd alluring little *****cat that can be coaxed out by a vodka and peach cruiser.

Yep johnbow you would be surprised what around here,i remember i was living lansvale near cabramatta for ten years before i found an echidna,a bandicoot and ringtailed possums,dare say the echidnas and bandicoots would be rat**** by now though.
there is a fair bit of bushy parkland in that area though, i have seen possums and snakes down there when i used to ride my mountain bike around there as a teenager.
and the adi site isn't far from mt druitt too bad they clearing a whole lot of it

Im living in Cambridge Park (nr Penrith) and i get young green tree frogs in my yard all the time especially after a big down poar of rain

ooooh:shock: :shock: :shock: i do like the snail. :lol: :lol:

there is a fair bit of bushy parkland in that area though, i have seen possums and snakes down there when i used to ride my mountain bike around there as a teenager.
and the adi site isn't far from mt druitt too bad they clearing a whole lot of it
Yeh they are ruining the ADI site,POX on the federal govt,the state govt and Penrith council,conservation is a just a facade with government departments.

Here is some more....

Attachments

• Mt.D.jpg
    Mt.D.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 104
re Mt

Taken awhile ago donkey,ime second on the left next to jethro bodine.

has anyone ever seen any frogs at nurragingy reserve? i'm always walking the dog thru there and trying to spot some in that new wetland area they've built (that's not really wet at the mo)

Hehe..... I've seen Emus, Eastern Grey and Red Kangaroos in St Marys. Wedge tailed eagles too (on one occasion being harried by a male peregrine falcon)

-H

lol nephrurus, reckon the roos escaped from featherdale?

seriously tho that's cool, wouldn't have thought there would be emus and roos so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back