Mt Isa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugsta

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Arrived back from a herping trip to Mt Isa on Thursday. Took the missus and one of our nephews along. Had a ball saw heaps of herps, managed to get a couple of piccies and wasn't fast enough for others. Man are those ackies quick when they are warmed up.

We saw heaps of beardies, shingles, ackies, gex, gilberts dragons etc etc.
Only saw one snake, unfortunatley he had been run the night before, the whole time we were away and that included spot lighting for about 6 hrs total over a couple of nights. :( Tried to photo the ackies but as soon as you get near them they are gone. Fast little so and so's that's for sure.

Hear are some of the piccies I managed to get.

Nice pics Huggsta, shame about the python though. :cry:

:p

Hix

Yeh, sure was hix. I will post a close up of him for you to see his colour.

a close up of the carpet and one of a raptor of some sort. Maybe fuscus can tell us what sort of bird it is. They were prolific out in the country.

And it's a buggger the camera only has a 3x zoom. Especially with speedy skittish little lizards!

:p

Hix

wow nice pics, i wish that u were able to find more snakes though, maybe next time ay :D
pete

And it's a buggger the camera only has a 3x zoom.
Actually 4x but close enough. :wink: Unfortunately when i zoom up close I can't hold the camera steady enough for a good piccie :( .

wow nice pics, i wish that u were able to find more snakes though, maybe next time ay
pete
Certainly would have been nice Lib.

Isn't that a kite?
I think so afro but I'm not too sure. They were quite large. That photo is zoomed right up and he is sitting on top of a telegraph post but it is hard to give an idea of their size. I also saw a couple of wedge tailed eagles feeding on a carcass on the side of the road. Unfortunatley they flew off when I stopped.

More more more, i want to see more huggy!!!

Great pics so far dude :)

We saw hundreds of kites on our Cairns trip. Interestingly, we saw none road killed on the way up, but over 20 road killed on the return trip.

Did you see lots of them hanging around road-kill?
Yeh fuscus, most of them were around road kills, i counted up to 9 feeding on one road kill.

There were several of them that had also been run over. Beatiful birds. Saw heaps and heaps of crows as well.

Thanks for the pics Hugsta !
It looks like you had a great time:)
No probs Mick and sure did have a great time. Not long enough though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back