Murray Darlings one upside down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy

Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 female Murray Darlings, one is around 10YO the other around 8YO, they were put together 12 months ago, recently (2 months ago) the elder one began to lay upside down, now she is that way more often than not. Her head is the right way up. She is more often at the bottom of enclosure away from heat, she will not eat, but has recently shed. Their enclosure is very large and heat is correct. They have never been exposed to pesticides or sprays. Got her out couple of times, she turned up the right way, but went straight back to upside down, when returned to enclosure. I don't think babies as I am sure they are both girls....

Unless you're trolling, you may want to check the sex of the other again, because by the sound of it in the next 2 - 6 weeks you'll have a bunch of eggs on your hands...

Agree with the above, The older one may be gravid,laying upside down seems to point towards ovulating,maybe try to post a pic of them/set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back