Murray River Turtle???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shedevil

Reaction score
:shock: :lol: My little turtle.. its about 2 months old its gorgeous. but one problem is when i brought her she had a soft spot on the bottom end of the shell. now since then it has hardened just a little but still it is a bit soft!
i feed her in a seperate tank outside to get a bit of sun everyday! i had a calcium block aswell in the tank ( the shop suggested it) is there any other tips???
thanks

feed it things like prawns (soaked in fresh water for 30mins before feeding), turtle food from the pet store with added calcium in it or anything full of calcium/keratin

Supplement the food with vitamin D and calcium powder and feed it whole small fish. You can get turtle food frozen in chocolate sized blocks this has calcium and vit D in it already. The sun is important too so keep that up.
Doesnt sound like its going to be a problem :)

you have a murray river turtle?? mad! i didnt realise you could keep those!

I bought 3 hatchlings at the start of the year, I like to vary the diet from day to day between bloodworms, earthworms, dusted woodies or crickets, frozen cubes of turtle food from Sydney Reptile Supplies in Parramatta (mix of bass, barramundi, bok choy, calamari, calcium and vitamins) and they always have live plants (duck weed and ribbon weed). I will give them small live fish when they grow up a bit.

There are 2 great caresheets on turtles in the feature articles section of this site which are definately worth a read.

Here one of mine i just noticed i dont have many good pics :(
There is a sleepy cod on the right too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back