Murray Short Neck Turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That caresheet is fantastic. Thanks Craig.

I got two hatchling macquarii this season from Garth & Fay. This is my first time keeping turtles. Now with this info I know they will be happy. Thanks again :D

craig is a great bloke to deal with, very friendly and gives great advice

sure his he is the turtle buff on APS lol
i agree though people should reframe from keeping turtles of that size in aquariums, they should be in ponds

the problem in victoria lies soley with the petstores, they encourage people who are just getting into turtles to buy adults, but they also sell tanks saying that it is exceptable to put them in tanks for their whole lifespan

i recal going to a store when i was starting out years ago and the store management advised me that i could keep an adult murry 30cm shell length in a 2X1f tank, of course i did not take him up on his offer lol

i agree though people should reframe from keeping turtles of that size in aquariums, they should be in ponds
Thanks for the above comment as im just about to purchase a 36'' x 18'' x 18'' tank for a couple of turtle hatchlings, im hoping to get a couple of years out of them before relocating to a larger tank or possibly swapping for hatchlings. What do you think is the maximum size turts i can keep in this tank. Appreciate your opinion.

hatchlings are hard to say cause they are so small
i keep my hatchies in a 4 foot tank , i have never kept them in a 2 footer

That caresheet is fantastic. Thanks Craig.

I got two hatchling macquarii this season from Garth & Fay. This is my first time keeping turtles. Now with this info I know they will be happy. Thanks again :D

Thanks Glimmerman!
Cheers,
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back