My 1st elapids - Golden Crowns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just over a week ago I bought a yearling pair of Golden Crowned Snakes, I am absolutely stoked with them, they are in top shape and the person I bought them off was very helpful and a great person to deal with :lol:.

This little one is a yearling, she is roughly 45cm long and about as thick as a AA battery.
I haven't managed to get pics of the other one yet as he has been hiding up until 2 nights ago because he was shedding, hopefully I will get a chance to take a pic or two tonight when he comes out.

Enjoy,

Josh

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

sorry mate that is not a golden crown, its a red belly black (see the red belly and the black top) :) :) :)

haha jks
awsome snake mate :)

I like your snake hook ;)

Awesome little snake though!

They're beautiful snakes you've got there Josh. Are they strictly nocturnal or crepuscular as well?

They are classed as nocturnal but they are known to come out on dusk, mine are most active between 11pm and 3am.

Thanks Josh

Thanks for that info Josh. I'm a firm believer that observations and data gathered from captives can provide valuable insight and knowledge about cryptic species such as this.

she's gorgeous! I know nothing about keeping elapid species, and I'm not necessarily planning on getting any, but what steps did you have to undertake to own them? I know the licensing bit, but do you have to some special enclosure or do a course or anything? sorry if they're dumb questions :oops: once again, beautiful snake!

This species from what I have been told can be tricky to keep alive.
I keep mine in a 52lt tub with a hide,water bowl and a tub of sphagnum moss.

For those that do not know, this species can be kept on a basic license.

Cheers Josh

Stunning snake, congrats. Hat off to all of you with elapids... too freaking scary for my liking. All the best with it Josh.

I love the shape of their heads. Really nice snakes. Congrats.

I know this thread is a bit of an old thread but I am looking to by either one or pair of these little kids sometime in the near future and just wondering what heating you have used for yours?

I keep mine in tubs on top of my Woma enclosure, I have the tubs in the middle so they receive a slight amount of heating from the warm end, pretty much they are kept 2-3 degrees above the ambient on one side of their tub, the rest is kept at ambient temps.

How many elapids are there now? are they like Night tigers? (venomous but as much harm as a bee sting?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back