my bearded dragon cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonReptiles

Reaction score
So i picked this tv unit up today for free and im going completely strip it and make it into a cage for my three beardies. i keep you guys up to date with how it going starting it this weekend. wish me luck my first cage build.
beardiecage.jpg

Thanks I really hope so I plan on making it look pretty good and it like a real live place where they live

I saw two exactly the same enclosures at Salvos Beenleigh $80 & $100,heavy,but heaps of potential.Good freebie

yeah mine got wheels on it so make so much easier to move around, but it will be heavy once it is finshed.

So I gutted the shelves today and was going to cut the side walls out but it got little late and I think I woke the baby next door in our unit block lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306049060.778982.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306049060.778982.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 116
They make pretty good beardie cages. I am currently rebuilding one of these at the moment. It was originally done in foam and render but now its getting a full overhaul to all our new methods. I can put up a pic for you if you want some ideas.

that bottom cupboard would be ideal for a sand pit lol, cut a hole on either side of the cupboard and have a plastic tub in there with sand for laying females/cooling periods etc have a perspex sheet slipped in but leave the cupboard doors on so it can stay shut and you can open it to see whats happening... just a thought

They make pretty good beardie cages. I am currently rebuilding one of these at the moment. It was originally done in foam and render but now its getting a full overhaul to all our new methods. I can put up a pic for you if you want some ideas.
that would be great i would love to see some photo and i seen your one in post which gave me the idea to use this one.. what you use to make the back ground in the one that is like sandy colour .

that bottom cupboard would be ideal for a sand pit lol, cut a hole on either side of the cupboard and have a plastic tub in there with sand for laying females/cooling periods etc have a perspex sheet slipped in but leave the cupboard doors on so it can stay shut and you can open it to see whats happening... just a thought

i like the way you think this does sound like good idea i was planing on making a cave/tunnel that went to the back of it where there be a clear sliding window where they could lay or rest. i have images in my head of what i want it be built like but still working on how i will do it. proberly be in foam and render but any other ideas anyone?

Last edited:

...please? That would be awesome! :)

still looks amazing .. well done.

so ive just been to see STEIN ENCLOSURES and they will be building my rock wall , check these guys out if havent already. They do amazing work and are really good people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back