my beardy wont walk properly

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lee.T

Reaction score
just recently my beardy has started to "commando crawl" instead of lifting his belly off the ground and walking properly, he also spends most of his day with his legs sprawled out, all temps are fine he hasnt been geting his favourite large wingless woodies lately )stocks are out everywhere) he has been eating vey small woodies and a couple of silk worms, other than the walking thing he seems happy enough is he just being lazy or is there something not right

i have a beardie very similar and have been told its a cacium problem. mine only moves once or twice a day

lee.T & DA GRIZ......
if any non movement,contact a vet for a appt....then if unable to get a appt asap
ask for help,this will also help members help you!... all good ok:D

VET... ide get your dragons to a reptile vet asap

how old or big is you dragon?....should he be eating the winged size....are they too big for him?

thus said that ,give a luke wam bath...gently rubbing your finger down the dragons torso(belly)
hopefully unblocking any blockage ...in case of inpaction

also natural U.V is wonderful to help them absorb calcium
are you supplementing his live feed with calcium or vitamins?

dragons also need greens ....for a balanced diet....not that all will eat them
d/l:D

Last edited:
he is 18mnths-2yrs well big enough to be eating winged ones just simply doesnt like them he wont be impacted as he is pooing just fine and still moves around heaps just does so as he is swimming rather than walking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back