my diamond python has lumps please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety2

Reaction score
we imported a diamond python from brisbane and when we got it it had 17 skin lumps we took it to our herp club president and he thought it may be skin worms took him to the vet and she says there not but is unsure what they are if someone has been throught this or knows of this problem any help would be greatfully accepted thanks

Where abouts are the lumps? Do they move with the skin or do they remain where they are as the skin is moved manually? My guess would be skin worms. How does your vet know they're not, did she make an incision into one? If its not skin worms it could be riddled with tumors. I know 17 is alot but still.....

would a worm remain with the skin or move with it??

i am in geelong vic, serpent. The lumps move with the skin. my herp club president was able to remove a pimple like core out of one of the lumps the other day but unfortunately we were unable to get it to a path lab through the vet in time for testing. I have owned the diamond since the 15/8 and he still hasnt eaten, the lumps are still present but they raise up and then go down every couple of days. He has been to the vets 3 times and still we are no closer to finding out what the lumps are or how to treat them. Please please please can someone help.

what vet are you taking him to tweety?
may i recomend
Nepean Veterinary Clinic
373 Nepean Hwy
Frankston
Victoria
Phone: 9783 1506

Very inexpensive
if ya don't mind the drive or
Dr Peter Cameron
Altona North Vet Clinic
221 Millers Rd, Altona North.
9391 5837
a little closer but they are the best around that i have been to

i take all my reptiles to dr sally adams at north geelong vet clinic, she came recommended by Mick Pugh our local herp club president. I would drive to timbucktoo mate if it would give me an answer to this lump problem :)

what vet are you taking him to tweety?
may i recomend
Nepean Veterinary Clinic
373 Nepean Hwy
Frankston
Victoria
Phone: 9783 1506

might be a bit far unless they catch the ferry from Sorrento to Portsea!! :)

might be a bit far unless they catch the ferry from Sorrento to Portsea!!
learn ya geograthy smart **** :roll: :lol:
thats one short ride Portsea is right after Sorrento :roll: :roll:

It is a bacterial infection one of my pythons has the same thing. You have to clean the cage real good and get it onto batral injections mine is slowly getting better. My other pythons have not got it so it's not real contagous, and the one that has it has a low emune system. That's why it is so hard for her to get rid of it.

thanks heaps duke, i will discuss treatment with my vet tomorrow :). Dizzy actually ate last night for the first time so it looks like things might be getting a bit better for him. Does your snakes lumps go down then a few days to a week later are really prominent again duke??? Since we have only had dizzy a short time he is still in quarentine from the other 3 snakes, i take him outside on his own and never handle the other snakes without washing my hands first. Also Duke did you have a problem with the snakes faeces??

hugsta, i thought that if they were cysts they would have pus in them??? When several of them were cut open nothing came out. It was just shear luck we got something out of one lump after trying for a week on the others. I really have no idea what it is but dizzy is off to the vet yet again on friday :)

well i have spoken on the phone to my vet and she asures me that she has dealt with both cysts and bacterial infections b4 and dizzy has neither of those. So on friday its off to the vets to have the lumps cut and path tested. As much as i love this diamond python it has become an expensive lesson and one i will not repeat again in a hurry. Golden rule number one- always look at an animal and watch it feed b4 u buy!!!! (my one and only rule and i broke it)

WoooooooooHooooooooo!!!!! Dizzy is eating!!!! finally i have him eating, (only fuzzy rats) but at least its a start :)

Dizzy update :). well i have had dizzy at the vets again and she gave him a 10 day course of baytril injections, that combined with betadine to dry out the lumps has made a difference to most of the lumps however while on the baytril several new lumps presented so he now has over 25 lumps on his body. So now its back to the vet at the end of the week so we can path test what is actually in these lumps and hopefully treat them in a way where they will go away and stay gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back