"My family" car decals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does this mean if a steer was killed humanely and calmly without any stress yu would sit down to a big juicy steak?

Probably not - I'm just used to not eating meat anymore. Right now I look at every piece of meat and think of it as it once was. After that, I can't eat it. I have no problem with people who do eat animals - it's a matter of personal perspective and what we each feel comfortable doing.

Does anyone else think that those family stickers would be a great way for thieves, murderers and child molesters to suss out potential targets!!! I think you'd be mad to have those stickers on your car (not to mention they look a bit tacky lol)
Actually I'm pretty sure I saw an episode of something where the serial killer did something like that - got info about the kids and mother from a "my family" sticker on their car and used it for his advantage. Can't recall the name of the show though.

Probably not - I'm just used to not eating meat anymore. Right now I look at every piece of meat and think of it as it once was. After that, I can't eat it. I have no problem with people who do eat animals - it's a matter of personal perspective and what we each feel comfortable doing.
HI, dont want to bang on but what about animal parts for surgery, would you accept a pig valve to fix your heart? Just a curiosity question i ask all vegetarians.

Does anyone else think that those family stickers would be a great way for thieves, murderers and child molesters to suss out potential targets!!! I think you'd be mad to have those stickers on your car (not to mention they look a bit tacky lol)

I think they are 'tacky' but soooo much less so than those frangipani stickers people plaster all over their cars... I saw the family ones while out with my sister and she immediately said about them being advertising for thieves.

Actually I'm pretty sure I saw an episode of something where the serial killer did something like that - got info about the kids and mother from a "my family" sticker on their car and used it for his advantage. Can't recall the name of the show though.

Dexter season 4 one of the last few episodes I think (not crazy but just finished that season two nights ago!!)

HI, dont want to bang on but what about animal parts for surgery, would you accept a pig valve to fix your heart? Just a curiosity question i ask all vegetarians.

Yeah I would accept it. As much as I care about other animals, I still believe that the wellbeing and health of a fellow human/myself comes first. If a doctor told me tomorrow that I need to eat meat otherwise I'd die, I would do it. It's because I have the freedom to make that choice that I choose not to eat meat.

Yeah I would accept it. As much as I care about other animals, I still believe that the wellbeing and health of a fellow human/myself comes first. If a doctor told me tomorrow that I need to eat meat otherwise I'd die, I would do it. It's because I have the freedom to make that choice that I choose not to eat meat.

Thankyou, finally an honest vego. Almost every one ive asked this question to denied they would accept a pig valve to stay alive, i have my doubts they would hold true to this if it ever happend. Cheers mate.

I think Fuscus was referring to advertising that you own snakes. Certain members of society may feel the need to come and see your collection and maybe take home a souvenir...

Yeh I had thought about getting them myself but refrained for this very reason. Simply not something I want to advertise to all the idiots out there.

Dexter season 4 one of the last few episodes I think (not crazy but just finished that season two nights ago!!)

yer was on tv last night, he pretended to be a cop and knew the kids name because of a sticker on the family car

Haha, I thought it might have been Dexter, but hadn't watched season 4 since sometime last year so I couldn't be sure. Thanks!

Hey 10hcaro, please don't think I am having a go at you I actually think you have explained your vegetarian decision very well. What annoys me though is people who will eat meat of any kind, but refuse to acknowledge where it came from. ( ie cows etc). I believe that if you want to eat something you should be aware of where it comes from and how it gets to your plate. It may sound gruff , but I believe that if you are not prepared to confront the issue of slaughtering animals for their meat you have are being hypocritical and thus shouldn't be eating it.
I have always endeavoured to ensure that any animals I have brought to their demise have been done so in the most humane way possible and have been kept well prior to the event................I hope i dont offend and i respect your veiw point

I think they are 'tacky' but soooo much less so than those frangipani stickers people plaster all over their cars... I saw the family ones while out with my sister and she immediately said about them being advertising for thieves.

Lol I'm glad it's not just me!! Those frangi ones were pretty bad too! My sister thinks she should put a sticker of herself with two stickers of blokes and few big dogs so people think she doesn't live alone so I guess they can work both ways!

I was behind a people mover today and counted 18 stickers of people and pets on the back window,can't remember the ratio.

yer was on tv last night, he pretended to be a cop and knew the kids name because of a sticker on the family car

exactly why I will never get them.. saw that and apart from it being weird it seems a little dangerous.. and unfortunatley too many people already know I have snakes so I worry enough without advertising it.. (no offence to anyone who has them)

Its fairly easy to see if a car has kids even without the stickers...

Its fairly easy to see if a car has kids even without the stickers...
I was referring to the episode of Dexter... The killer got the names of the kids from the stickers (haven't seen named stickers here in Aus though).

Maybe

Attachments

• s.png
    s.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back