my first enclosure attempt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglemad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I started on an enclosure at work in my spare time. I forgot to take my camera the first day i worked on it, but i remembered the second day.So i missed taking picks of cutting and routing, screwing and gluing.

i have been checking designs everywhere to steal ideas. The latest idea i stole was from redline i think? where he used sink strainers as venting...i had bought nice aluminium vents for $22 each. I took them back and bought nine plug strainers and with the change I bought sealer, estapol, all the electrics except thermostats (thanks sadge) sand paper, a power board and some castors so i can move it. thanks redline

The wife likes the snakes so the enclosure had to match our lounge room wall units/ tv stand.I decided to use pine, with melamine shelves

I hope you like it. I sanded it for about 3 hours yesterday before i sprayed on some clear.

Some more pics. I will give it a 2 more coats with a light sand between coats on Monday and then wire up the electrics. I made a template from a piece of 4 by 4 timber to make light cages. It worked out pretty well. The glass is coming on Tuesday and the jungles will be in on Wednesday. More pics when it is closer to finish

should turn out very well indeed !!!! what are ya gonna keep in there?????

My jungles are going straight in it Kahn as soon as the estapol smell is gone. Thanks for your comments

very nice jungle hey do u work at a school of tafe cause it looks like u are in a wood work room or something reminds me of when i was a apprentise carpenter

No mate, that is my garden shed...doesn't everyone have a table saw, dust extractor, and 100 chisels?

just kidding...woodwork room at school Alby

Look good JM,

Did the school pay for all the timber?

Look foward to seeing the finished product.

Jonno

lucky boy aint you jungle i should really make all my tanks considering im a carpenter but i get lazy hehehe i play with timber all day long it gets boring after a while

i bought all the materials...im going to get a yr 11 to make another the same for his major work next year now i have the bugs ironed out of the design

cheers

It's 1800 tall and 1200 wide each bank is around 500 high and 450 deep approximately

Are you going to put between the two pieces of melanine and put wire in front of lamp.
Post finished pics and detail picks of areas i am keen to copy.
I made my out of all melanine ,great for keeping kleen but a bit to clinical.

meant to be
Are you going to put light between the two pieces of melanine and put wire in front of lamp.
Post finished pics and detail picks of areas i am keen to copy.
I made mine out of all melanine ,great for keeping kleen but a bit to clinical.

mark

I don't know what you mean sorry mate. You won't see any wiring when it's finished. It will all run out behind the enclosure to a power board at the top. Visible wiring would look too messy and amateur.
I will post some more pics next week champ and then you can copy what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back