My First Hatchling Southern Forest Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salebrosus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
First of all i would dearly love to thank Marc Furbank (AGAMIDAE) for his in depth care sheet and his advice last year in breeding Southern Angle Headed Dragons. Without him i'm sure i would not be the proud mum of two gorgeous baby forest dragons. I only had 2 eggs and i arrived home to find they had slit their eggs, one of them already trying to bite me the other is running amok one minute then playing dead the next. Not real confident in the health of this one but we will see how it goes. Sorry the pics are not really clear but i was a little over excited about my first bundles of joy.

Thanks again Marc,

Simone.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a little cutie. I just bought four hatchlings myself. I hope to be in your position this time next year. Although none of my babies have played dead I have heard that it is very common behaviour, so don't worry, I'm sure the little fella is fine.

Would love to see more pics of the hatchlings, and of Mum and Dad too!!!

:0)

Will definately put more pics on. Thelma is the mother, there is a pic of her in my gallery. The father i only have one pic of.....Thelma is an overly aggressive female-she killed the male. I now keep my females together and my my males are separate. The babies are not even going to catch a glimpse of their Mum. She really is a feisty little thing, lucky they don't grow 6ft.
Thanks Saz

Simone.

Congrats Simone.
That's terrible about the male though.
Did she only lay one clutch?
Mine used to lay 4-7 clutches a year, seemingly on only one or two matings.

This was the first fertile clutch. Prior to getting the male for Thelma, she would drop up to 16 eggs twice a year. Without an adult male it makes these hatchlings even that bit more special to me.

Simone.

Cripes, really sorry to hear that she did away with the male. That must have been terrible :0(

Really pleased that you found a male and that she thought he was good looking enough to mate with rather than attack! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

They are just adorable. I go to do some work in the herp room and get stuck watching them for ages.

:0)

Hi I was at the south coast reptile show yesterday; Well done South coast Herp. society and I saw this beut forest dragon. I was told that . I may be able to get information from where I may be able to get some of these dragons through this site. How would i be able to contact or find out how to acquire some fact and info from Marc Furbank, is there a website that I can visit to get this info thanks Merlot

Hi Merlot
Marc is a member here.....look for his name AGAMIDAE...look for his name on a thread...double click on it and you can send him a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back