My first hide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marteed

Reaction score
Its not finished yet. This is the 3rd layer of render. I will put the last coat on tomorrow and then it will be painting time. :lol:
SDC12289.jpg
Will post more pics when its done

that looks really good:) is it very heavy? what colour are you painting it i think it looks great already...

Thanks everyone!
I went with render as I couldnt find a big bag of grout that didnt cost to much (was probably looking in the wrong place or stuff). I come across a 20kg bag of acrylic render for under $11 and given that this is my first project a 20kg bag gave me plenty of room to stuff up (touchwood i havent so far, lol). It was also really cheap so I wouldnt lose to much money.

It does have a bit of weight to it, but i guess the good side to this is that my snake wont be able to push it around as much.
Not sure on colours yet, but going to try and give it some detail. Maybe along the lines of the red/orange rocks.
SDC12217.jpg SDC12259.jpg SDC12265.jpg SDC12269.jpg
These were the stages before the above pic

Well done. That looks fantastic. Thanx for sharing.
What did you use to stick all the bits together?
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

mate that looks really good i could say looks better then the real product in texture and very creative idea, well done man

Thumbs up!!

I used pva glue to stick together as i had no liquid nails. Here is another pic, just needs to be sealed now which i will do over the next couple of days.

SDC12337.jpg I was going to do more on it but I think I will over do it and ruin it.
Thanks everyone for your kind comments!!

Yeah this is deff one of the best DIY hides I have seen!
I love it. Great work. What paint did you use? What sealer are you going to use?
Gotta tell us all the steps.... someone might want to copy you'r awesome job =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back