My home made Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great enclosure. I know how you feel about completeing a job like that. Very satisfying.
i heard if you put a cut onion in there it soaks up the fumes faster.(old wives tale)

Looks great, and I am with Ramsayi about the varnish. As I said in the other thread, varnish is fine as long as it is fully cured and no tackiness or smell remains. When you think it is cured, open the unit up fully and wait another week.

As for the mouse/rat wire, while the unit is curing, you could source around for the people that do security screens/doors. They do a smooth flat steel with small holes punched out. It isn't bumpy like flyscreen and it allows good ariflow while being snake safe. Alternatively, put nylon fly mesh on the inside of the wire to protect little noses.

I get offcuts for a pittance for my enclosures. Just give them the measurements. :)

This is a pic of the product I am talking about. It is shown on the wesite for Clear Shield, although I pick mine up locally from a small screen door manufacturer near to me.
www.clearshield.com.au
A2118327.jpg

:)

Thanks Wrasse! While i am waiting for it to cure, i will pull up the snakewire and put that stuff on.. my best mate works in a screen door place, so it wont be hard for me to get :)
cheers man.

yeah im with anterisalady I went to bunnings and got a little "porta-potty vent" it is backed with *plastic* fly screen to prevent escapes, it was very cheep around 6 - 7 $ for 2...

*as aposed to the crap fiberglass, metal mesh's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back