My Intergrade wants more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was going to start this with "Dear Saximus" but thought i would open it to all lol. How about this thread, not a "My Python won't eat" thread. My Intergrade is 6 years old, 2.3m long and wieghs in at 3.8kg, up till now she has been given 1 350g - 450g rat every 14 days, but with the warmer weather upon us she seems to be pacing a lot more when people are around her enclosure and actually launched at my arm last time i did her water until she realised i was not food, it looked funny to see her try and make the correction in mid air and land harmlessly on my arm with an almost contrite look on her pretty lil face. Anyhows, what i am asking all my good friends here at APS is "should i move her up to Rabbits or maybe just give her 1 275-300g rat every week"?, i am afraid of her getting fat like me and becoming unhealthy, in 6 years the only reason she has given us to take to the vet has been 2 yearly checkups and when we thought she was having a phantom pregnancy (for want of a better word), Pic of her for size comparison added (just don't take much notice of Humpty Dumpty) :) ......................Ron

Attachments

• DSCN0067.jpg
    DSCN0067.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 73
I have just moved my Murray Darling to rabbits for the first time on Saturday and she seems so much more content with herself than she did on Jumbo rats. The rabbit I got was equivalent in size to the rats she had been eating, It took her a while to work it out to the stage where I went to remove it before she gave it a decent hit and coiled. I would say to give her a go on the rabbits and see how you go, a 500g rabbit is going to have a lot lower fat content than an equivalent rat and be healthier in the long run. My MD looks to be about the same size as your intergrade and had no hassles getting the rabbit down at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back