My latest addition...a cute little coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DameJacquie

Reaction score
This is the latest addition to my rapidly growing herp collection. It's a little coastal which came to me by way of the unreleasables register of my local herp society. This little guy hitched a ride south with a grain truck and was almost introducted to a shovel before a worker at the feedmill recognised him as a python and saved him. The worker contacted NPWS and was referred to the unreleasable committee of my herp society. Lucky for me I was next on the list so was offered him first. I was told that he was 1.5 metres (pmsl) so was quite surprised when I finally laid eyes on him. He had a nice sized lump in his belly when he was found, so it seems he caught a feed on the way down. He's very placid and hasn't struck at anyone since he was found. I'm very glad he didn't get squished or beheaded and my kids think he's just gorgeous (I think they now have a new favourite). I'm a little stuck on what to name him, so any suggestions would be appreaciated. My apologies for the shoddy pics, I had to use my mobile.

Attachments

• coastal1.jpg
    coastal1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 124
  • coastal2.jpg
    coastal2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 104
I know dam feed mill workers lying about size again.I got a call out for a komodo dragon and ended up picking up a garden skink.lol
Nice little fellow that coastal too
PS didnt take long for the first BHP joke did it

Not long at all, 3rd post for the BHP joke!

Thanks guys, he is a little cutie, his markings are very defined.

What about Hobo? Or Ranger? He looks like a calm little dude.

Hitch :D

Good to hear they saved the little fellow, hes adorable, glad hes gone to a good home too :p

Or Drifter? Wholegrain? Flour? Sorry for the last 2. They were my partners suggestions!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments guys, there's some great names there (wholegrain...:shock:) lol

I'm leaning towards Hitch, it kinda just rolls off the tongue :p

Any more suggestions?

OK, HE is actually a SHE, I had her probed this afternoon.

We've decided to call her Hitch, due to her hitching all this way. The kids are grudgingly accepting the name, my son wanted to call her Trucka and my daughter wanted to call her Lucky.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, and thanks to VixenBabe who came up with the winning name.

Here's another pic...

Attachments

• coastal3.jpg
    coastal3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back