My Little Mantis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I caught this little fella sitting outside near the garage door. He was real skinny so I put him in a container and fed him some crickets. Once he gets old enough I'll let him go to produce more little praying mantises.

Have named him Bruce, after Bruce Lee hahaha. If anyone feels like giving an I.D that'd be great!

Bruce_003.jpg

Bruce_005.jpg

Bruce_006.jpg

Bruce_008.jpg

Bruce_012.jpg

Bruce_013.jpg

Bruce_014.jpg

Bruce_011.jpg

Bruce_015.jpg

Excuse the gross hands and possibly shoddy photos.

nice little fella you have there .;)

By the look at the calices you should get your self a girl friend lol
</IMG>

HAHAHAHA nice one bylo. Best off the cuff response, mate!! Hahahaha gold.

To dispell any rumours, they're actually from rowing haha

Always new you liked playing with things
but didn't know you were that eager :lol:

LOL the hand remark.. :)

The mantis looks exactly like the one off the movie Bug's Life hahah how cute! :p Yes, I know I'm a child :rolleyes::)

On a serious note

The praying mantis is named for its prominent front legs, which are bent and held together at an angle that suggests the position of prayer. The larger group of these insects is more properly called the praying mantids. Mantis refers to the genus mantis, to which only some praying mantids belong.
Average lifespan in the wild: 12 Months
Size: 0.5 to 6 in (1.2 to 15 cm) long

There also the only insect that can turn there head which they can turn there head 180 degrees to scan their surroundings with two large compound eyes and three other simple eyes located between them.

LOL the hand remark.. :)

The mantis looks exactly like the one off the movie Bug's Life hahah how cute! :p Yes, I know I'm a child :rolleyes::)

lol my other half just said the same thing!

By the look at the calices you should get your self a girl friend lol
CLASSIC!!!!! LOL

It's from rowing I swear!! Hahahah I was asking for those jokes though. Sigh.

On a serious note

The praying mantis is named for its prominent front legs, which are bent and held together at an angle that suggests the position of prayer. The larger group of these insects is more properly called the praying mantids. Mantis refers to the genus mantis, to which only some praying mantids belong.
Average lifespan in the wild: 12 Months
Size: 0.5 to 6 in (1.2 to 15 cm) long

There also the only insect that can turn there head which they can turn there head 180 degrees to scan their surroundings with two large compound eyes and three other simple eyes located between them.

I got a laugh from the thread AND I learnt something ... thanks Bylo.

(I wonder what religion they are praying to?)

:p

are you sure its from rowing ;) ;) ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

on another note, very cute mantis! we get them all the time around here huge ones too. i remember i had a egg sac thingy and i had thousands of the tiny critters! very cute indeed :p i love it how no matter which direction they face, their eyes always follow you haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back