Found my missing snake!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazordous-Herps

Reaction score
I had the moststressful Saturday morning in my life this morning, this is the story.

I got a new hatchling Jungle carpet python, a while ago and am keeping him in aclick-clack until I think he is big enough to go in my large enclosure. Well Ifinally put him in the enclosure on Tuesday, and thought I would let him settlein leave him in there on his own, feedhim on Saturday and don’t disturb him till Wednesday next week. Anyway I don’tknow how but sometime the day after I put him in the enclosure he managed toescape of course because I didn’t want to disturb him I didn't check on himuntil today. I went to check on him to see if he was ready to be fed later thatnight, as he wasn’t in his hide or under the substrate I went through the wholeenclosure to no avail. He must have been out for about 3 days; I spent that wholemorning looking for him. As I live in a Queenslander "type of 2 storyhouse" there are holes between the floor boards and that was the worstthing that he might have gone and got through the holes and into the office,outside or in the shed which has so much junk in it I would never find him.Anyway after hours of searching the room, downstairs, upstairs and the internetfor ideas on finding him. I just had a peek behind my wardrobe about 2 metersaway from the enclosure and there was the beautiful black and gold coloredanimal I was looking for. I grab the snake hook and reached into the tightspace to try and grab him but his response was to go down the cracks in thefloor boards and into the office downstairs. Anyway long story short afterabout 45 minutes of moving junk and blocking all little crevices he couldslither into if he got away from me, I finally moved the boxes he had gonebehind in the office and slowly picked him up. Much to my surprise he didn’tbite or even strike at me. I have put him back in the click-clack and am gettinga bigger container for him to live in until I fix up the tank so there is noway he can get out again. After a stressful and exhausting morning I’m going tosleep well tonight.

your very lucky i am still looking for mine 3 weeks later. hope it will come out as it warms up

lucky , any idea how he escaped , like through the doors , vents etc , would it be possible to put up a pick of the enclosure ?

your very lucky i am still looking for mine 3 weeks later. hope it will come out as it warms up

Hope you find you snake, I have heard stories of some snakes being found months later safe and sound. There is still hope

Yeah I will probably upload a picture tomorrow, as the enclosure is to big for him and he is to small I had to half it by putting a woden board in the middle, as I didnt cut to size and there was a gap between the board and the side of the enclosure, he squeezed through that got to the bottom half of the enclosure and through the gap in the door at the bottom of the enclosure as the glass wasnt cut to size leaving a small gap only at the bottom. This is probably hard to picture so I will get some photos tomorrow. And will have to fix the tank and possible get new doors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back