My maccie ate first go!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junek

Not so new Member
Reaction score
howdy
im a happy boy :D
I was stressing out about my blonde maccie being a bad feeder and having all sorts of problems getting her on to pre-killed pinkies after the breeder was feeding her live stuff, but, id just like to say she ate first go!!
i defrosted a pinkie, put it in front of her and she wanted nothing to do with it, so i left it and covered the tank with a towel...5 min later i peeped in to see her lips wrapped around it. Needless to say i was very relieved.

Just a quick question... I have her in a 'tuppawear' container at the moment which is inside a 2 foot fish tank. The tank is insulated and has a thermostat, When do you think i could let her loose in the 2ft tank :?: She is only about 3 - 4 weeks old atm.

thanks for your help and i hope everyone has my luck with feeding hatchlings
jamie

Enclosure

My opinion (and I KNOW others will disagree :) ) is that as long as there is a nice, small dark hide for the snake, it will live quite happily in the 2 foot tank.

I'd suggest covering the sides of the tank so that it feels hidden, particularly if it is in a high traffic area.

Yup I agree with David on this, small snakes can be kept in large escape proof enclosures as long as there are plenty of hides for it. Put 'em in a bare 2 footer and they'll sure stress, put 'em in a 2 footer with plenty of hides and Voila, one happy snake :)
Just make sure it IS escape proof as them little buggas sure are escape artists :)

I wouldn't say a 2ft tank is to big for a hatchling mac. They do grow fast so it would be fine in that for a couple of years.
Like afric said make sure it is fully escape proof baby macs can get through tiny gaps.

ALLRIGHT!!!
i thought i would have to have it in the ugly plastic container for 6 months! (thats what the vet said)
My tank is escape proof - mice cage netting and fly screen over all holes and i will put several hides in it and some branches
thanks for the tips
jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back