My new Gammon Ranges carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
drooling........ now i want one! did i read that they only get to about 1.6m? does anyone breed them in nsw?
they get bigger than that, closer to the average of Morelia spilota imbricata (Gammons are closer related to imbricata than inlands)or an MD around the 2.3mtr mark,
as for nsw breeders im not sure of many as Gammon's are a fairly new addition to captive keeping and breeding(about 6years)
i know their will be high red gammons being worked on in nsw after December this year and that SXR will not be continuing their
gammon project after Simon and Diane retire.
however the high red line Simon and Diane worked on will not be lost as i am purchasing the very nice high red SXR breeders :)
should have them in their new home b4 December 5th

yes, please keep me updated as well NATO will be very interested!

well it appears niether myself or hubby can wait till next year :S have sent axeman an email so fingers crossed he still has some left. thanks for the thread KJ!

Last edited:
Hi KaotikJezta, glad you're pleased with him and that he's settled in well - they are a lovely python indeed and stunning as adults, I will have to take some more photos of my big female as she has recently shed.

Just got my girl Gammon Ranges, her name is Fifi (name thanks to my GF, let her name her since its an early Christmas present) i will share some pic's in a few days once she has settled in :D

I bought 5 Gammon Ranges Carpets from Axeman, and one turned out to be a high red specimen. Its a keeper for sure, as are all the siblings. They are just so hard to find in the wild up in the ranges, and we have a WC (on permit) adult at our zoo here in SA. The Gammon Ranges form are actually quite different in colour and pattern to the population in the southern end of the Flinders Ranges.

should be good to have a yarn with justin, nick and everyone else at this symposium this weekend unfortunatly Simon wont be there
so i will have to just continue to blast him via email with my endless questioning lol
gammons are stunners! the high red with the green mossy looking head just so Aussie looking :)

should be good to have a yarn with justin, nick and everyone else at this symposium this weekend unfortunatly Simon wont be there
so i will have to just continue to blast him via email with my endless questioning lol
gammons are stunners! the high red with the green mossy looking head just so Aussie looking :)

Cant wait, leaving for the airport in just 22 hours!

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back